Lake Havasu High School Becomes
a Microsoft IT Academy Member
Submitted by Bob Treichel.
Lake Havasu High School is now one of the few High Schools in the country that is a Microsoft IT Academy. What does this mean to the students of Lake Havasu High School? Students can learn the IT skills that will help them be ready to succeed in today’s job markets. The Microsoft IT Academy Program offers a wide variety of Microsoft Certifications. The three certifications we are currently focusing on are Microsoft Desktop Technician Certification, Microsoft Office Certification, and Software Development Certification. Students are encouraged to achieve certifications to help them advance their careers. A student with these certifications can earn thousands of dollars more, beginning with their first job out of high school. Below is a copy of Microsoft description of why a student should be with the Microsoft IT Academy.
The goal for the Microsoft IT Academy Program is to help improve teacher success with dependable tools, curriculum, and added benefits — so that your students succeed beyond the classroom. The curriculum and resources provided by the Microsoft IT Academy Program are designed to offer you a comprehensive educational program that links classroom instruction with the IT skills needed and the focus on lifelong learning opportunities. That means students that participate in the Microsoft IT Academy Program can develop a solid technical foundation that will help them hone the skills they need in today’s competitive job market.
Resources for Our Students:
- Empower students with individualized learning solutions and Microsoft Certification options that can help give them that competitive edge.
- Many E-Learning courses are available in a variety of languages, which can help students who are studying in non-native languages.
- The Microsoft IT Academy Program offers a wide variety of Microsoft Certifications. Students are encouraged to achieve certifications to help them advance their careers.
- Students in a Microsoft IT Academy also have access to many worldwide innovative programs.
- Microsoft Students to Business find unique mentoring, training, and certification opportunities in the Students to Business program. This program provides the curriculum and training needed to ensure that students are prepared to meet the needs of companies around the globe.
- Microsoft Imagine Cup Students can apply their imagination, passion, and creativity to technology innovations that can make a difference in today’s world. It is a serious challenge that draws serious talent and intense competition.
Students can download and use Microsoft tools and software to unlock their creative potential and embark on a path that will lead to your academic and career success.