We would like to thank everyone who finished an application for the 2017 ACTEAZ Awards. It is important that we all take a moment to recognize all of the hardworking teachers, administrators, counselors, business partners and staff you work with everyday. The winners will be announced soon and then awarded at the ACTE Summer Conference in Tucson at the ACTEAZ Awards Celebration on July 19, 2017.
Recipients of the following State and National awards will have the opportunity to apply for regional candidacy in that category. Regional award winners then go on to ACTE national award review. All regional and national candidates must be members of ACTE, as well as ACTEAZ, for the length of time stated in the criteria for both state and national.
If you have questions, please contact Stephen Weltsch, Awards Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 623-738-0007.
Award nominations were accepted in the following categories:
State and National Awards
- Career and Technical Education Teacher of the Year
- Career and Technical Education Post-Secondary Educator of the Year
- Career and Technical Education Administrator of the Year
- New Career and Technical Education Teacher of the Year
- Carl Perkins Community Service Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Career Guidance Award
State (Only) Awards
- Outstanding Career and Technical Education Program Award
- Outstanding Business Person of the Year Award
- Bernard Stewart Distinguished Service Award
- Outstanding Policymaker of the Year Award
- Outstanding Affiliate Award
- Ray Polesky Visible Difference Award
- Outstanding CTE Administrative Assistant of the Year Award
- Outstanding Junior High Teacher of the Year Award