2019 Midwinter Conference
Call for Presentations
The Midwinter Leadership Conference is held each year to give CTE Administrators, Counselors and Teachers the opportunity to connect, develop leaderships skills, and learn about topics, such as, current issues, funding, advocacy and data research. It is also an opportunity to learn best practices on educating your school boards, peers, and students’ parents on what Career and Technical Education is and how it not only benefits the futures of our students, but also the future of Arizona and beyond. Participants will also learn more about developing and sustaining the incredibly important partnerships we have with Post-Secondary Institutions and Industry. Be sure to join us as we look at CTE as it is today, but also as we begin to prepare for the Possibilities of CTE’s Tomorrow.
We are seeking presenters for the 2019 Midwinter Leadership Conference, February 7-8, 2019, who are excited to share their knowledge with their peers. While we welcome a wide variety of subjects, we are primarily focused on sessions within the following topics:
- Developing Leadership Skills for CTE and Educational Leaders
- Growing CTE Ambassadors, including advocacy training and the latest effectiveness in data & research
- Best Practices in Connecting Students with Industry Licensure and Certifications
- How to Build Future CTE Leaders from Within the Ranks of Your District
- Developing and Sustaining Effective Post-Secondary Partnerships (Dual Enrollment, Shared Advisory Councils, etc.)
- Exponential Technologies and the future of the workforce
The deadlines for Mid-Winter Presentations to be received will be December 10, 2018. All proposals are peer-reviewed. Final decisions will be made, and submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal via e-mail by January 4, 2019.