The Fellowship Program is a three-year commitment and as a fellow you will be responsible for meeting the following requirements:
- Attend the ACTE Summer Conference and participate in the various Fellows’ activities, such as, Fellows Orientation and other networking activities. The first Fellows Training will be at the Fall Retreat in September.
- Attend and observe a minimum of three ACTEAZ board meetings per year.
- Attend over the three year period (Freshman, Sophomore, Senior):
- One out of state Conference (Pick from: ACTE National Conference (Vision), National Policy Seminar, or Region V Conference.
- Two in state Conferences (Pick from: ACTE Summer Conference or Midwinter Retreat)
- Freshman Fellows should attend Fall Retreat in September for Beginning Fellows training.
- Sophomore Fellows will give a presentation to the ACTEAZ Board regarding what they have done their freshman year at one of the scheduled Board Meetings.
- Choose from the list at least 1 leadership activity or submit your own idea for approval to the Fellow Coordinator your freshman, sophomore and senior year.
- Develop and complete, in a Fellows group, a service learning or CTE related project.
- Present a conference session at the ACTE Summer Conference in your senior Fellow year.
- Participate in conference sessions at the ACTE Summer Conference and Mid-Winter Leadership Conference as well as promote scholarship efforts at these events.
- Pursue leadership positions within your affiliate association and ACTEAZ.
- Attend various study session planned around CTE and Leadership development
- Sophomore or Senior Fellows – assist in planning and facilitating study sessions for first year fellows once in the role of being an experienced Fellow.
- Encourage other CTE professionals to join ACTEAZ, their affiliate association and ACTE National as well as inviting them to join in the ACTEAZ Fellowship program.
As you engage in the Fellowship experience you will have the assistance of your Fellows’ class, a Fellow mentor and your Fellowship Program coordinator. All activities are designed to build, develop and showcase your teamwork, leadership and advocacy skills. We look forward to working with you over your three-year term and beyond.