2022 Scholarship Information
2022 ACTEAZ Scholarship nominations open November 1, 2021. Please let your CTE students know that they can apply for a scholarship through the ACTEAZ website. Deadline for scholarship applications is March 18, 2022.
The ACTEAZ Scholarship is non-renewable (meaning this scholarship is a one-time award). The scholarship will be payable to the educational institution identified by the applicant.
- The scholarship amount can range from $500.00 – $2,500.00 based upon the available funds and the number of scholarships the committee agrees to award.
To be eligible to receive an ACTEAZ Scholarship you must:
- Be an Arizona graduating senior who is enrolled in a recognized Career and Technical Education program at a Arizona high school (from Funding Priority List)
- Be an Arizona student who is enrolled in a recognized Career and Technical Education program at the Arizona post-secondary level (may include CTE Teacher Preparation Program)
- Be nominated by a current Arizona ACTEAZ member (ACTEAZ Members may nominate a maximum of two students)
- Have not previously been awarded a Scholarship by ACTEAZ
The following are the Essay Questions that you should refer to before completing your application. Please note: When completing essays your word count is 1000 for all three essays combined.
- School and Community Involvement
- Essay Question 1: Describe your school and community involvement (including, but not limited to, CTSOs), and your leadership roles in those organizations.
- CTE Programs
- Essay Question 2: Describe how your CTE program(s) in high school or college has/have prepared you to pursue your post-secondary goals
- Career Goals
- Essay Question 3: Describe how your CTE program(s) has/have prepared you to pursue your career goals
The following documents are required so make sure to have them before you begin your application:
- Unofficial Transcript
- High School Students must show the previous five semesters
- Post-Secondary/University students must show grades for at least 12 semester credits and must also submit their high school graduation transcript
- Courses listed in your application should be highlighted on the transcript
- Letter of Nomination from a current ACTEAZ member (one page maximum)
- Letter should describe how the Nominator has worked with the student
- Letter should include the student’s involvement in CTE (might include classroom, laboratory, CTSO, WBL, advisory councils, etc.)
- Letter should also discuss student’s potential for success in further education
- Letter must be on institutional letterhead and signed with a handwritten signature (no digitally created signatures allowed)
- Assurance Signatures Form (Download form, get signatures and then upload when completing your application. Must be handwritten signature (no digitally created signatures allowed).
- Electronic Photo
- Resolution of 300pixels or Image Size with a minimum 5” width
- The applicant is to be the only person in the photo and dressed professionally. (No T-shirts)
- Download one of the following Electronic Photo Release forms: for adult here or for minor/child here. Must have handwritten signatures (no digitally created signatures allowed)
TIP: At the bottom of this page you will find a link. Please copy it so that you can resume your application at any time. Be aware that once you submit your application you will no longer be able to make changes.
Incomplete or unreadable application packets will be disqualified. Additionally, if any of the information is determined to be false, the application will be disqualified.
Decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.
ACTEAZ reserves the right not to award scholarships or to award scholarships in a lesser or greater amount in any given year. The ACTEAZ scholarship is non-renewable (meaning this scholarship is a one-time award). Former recipients are not eligible to apply.