From The Desk of Pam Ferguson, ACTEAZ Executive Director PDF
Just Think About It . . . . . . .
What if all CTE Teachers and Administrators made these New Years Resolutions
- What if we sent and shared with all school board members in our districts the data on how much better CTE students achieve on the AIMS exam?
- What if we invited our school board members to see our Ag Programs that are doing instruction in the Bio-Tech Field?
- What we could do if all our school boards and district administrations really had the latest information on what the CTE of 2014 really is?
- What if our school boards and the community knew how many volunteer hours are donated by our CTSO’s in their district communities?
- What if our school boards and district administrations saw the letters we receive from students thanking us as CTE teachers and administrators for the course content they had learned and the significance it has made in their lives?
- What if our school boards and district administration had the latest information on what CTE courses did for homeland security?
- What if we each took an active role in sharing researched based information with our State Legislators about the Career Technical Education Programs in their legislative district and how these programs make a contribution to the economy?
- What if we shared more information about Career Clusters and how these programs connect to business and industry and are a catalyst for economic development in each Career Cluster field?
- What if we could share with everyone that Career Technical Education is also an important investment in the intellectual capital that is needed for a state, national and global economy?
- What if we take the time to share with everyone that Career Technical Education (CTE) does produce gains in academic achievement and lifelong earnings?
- What if we shared the research that exists that describes CTE programs and their outcomes do contribute to the skilled workforce that our country needs?
ACTEAZ Members, please join me in making these your New Year’s Resolutions.