Region V Conference Highlights
- Charles Gallagher from Arizona is the ACTE Region V Vice-President. It was really great to see his leadership in the conference planning and execution.
- Arizona had 18 people attend this year.
- Arizona did 4 presentations. Special thanks to John Mulcahy, Mary Anne Berens, Doris Wojtulewicz, Shelly York, Charles Gallagher, Jill Ranucci and Pam Ferguson.
- Mary Anne Berens, Region V Fellows Coordinator, met with the Region V Fellows and Lou Hart is a Region V Fellow from Arizona.
- Doris Wojtulewicz, ACTEAZ Past-President, gave the State of the State Report for Arizona.
Special Grant Monies
ACTEAZ reported on the use of the grant money awarded to us last year for membership recruitment. We were again awarded with another Region V Grant for $1300 to continue the development of membership recruitment for both ACTEAZ and ACTE.
Region V Awards
We’d like to recognize our very own ACTEAZ Fellow, Speranta Klees, who in her post as the Region V Awards Chair, did a great job as Master of Ceremonies for the Region V Awards Program Session. Arizona’s finalists in the Region V Awards included Ben Barth, Amanda Shively, Clyde McBride and Lauren Moraga.
- Clyde McBride won Region V Teacher of the Year and will now compete in Nashville in November for ACTE Teacher of the Year.
- Amanda Shively won Region V Administrator of the Year and will now compete in Nashville in November for ACTE Administrator of the Year.
- Dennis Esparza won the Innovative Program Award from Arizona. Only two states received this award out of 16 states.
- ACTEAZ also won the Publication Categories for Website of the Year and Conference Program of the Year.