Professional Development Opportunities
NOTE: All Teachers and Directors are welcome to attend any training at any location.
School-Based Enterprises (Virtual, Three-Day Course)
February 15, 2024 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$50
Participants must be in a program that can support an SBE. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]
- Level 4 CTE Professional Development Class
- This class is designed for CTE teachers who create and implement a School-Based Enterprise
- Participants must create a business plan for a new School-Based Enterprise (SBE) or an in-depth analysis of a current SBE in order to earn ADE credit
This is a synchronous course which will have 3 online meetings
- Participants are required to be on camera and have functioning audio for the duration of all three online session
- Participants must attend from a quiet, uninterrupted space
- This is an interactive class that will require your active participation
- After registering, a Zoom link will be sent
Participants must attend all three online meetings from 4pm-6pm
- Thursday, February 15, 2024
- Thursday, March 14, 2024
- Thursday, April 4, 2024
An effective school-based enterprise (SBE) provides students with the unique opportunity to develop and practice real-world industry experience while serving the needs of their campus and/or community! This course is designed to help participants successfully develop and manage a successful SBE.
Participants will analyze the key components of SBEs and identify the differences between this model and other forms of work-based learning. Participants will also identify the key elements necessary for planning and implementing a school-based enterprise, including best practices and record-keeping requirements. Throughout this course, participants will develop a business plan for their proposed enterprise.
Upon successful completion of the course, which includes submission of homework, participants will receive an ADE certificate for 15 professional development clock hours, which equates to one (1) semester hour of coursework.
Location: Online via Zoom
Dates: Feb. 15, March 14, and Apr. 4, 2024
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.