ACTEAZ News Exec. Director’s Letter
Executive Director’s Letter – Winter 2016
Submitted by Pam Ferguson
Happy Holidays to all our ACTEAZ Members and Industry Sponsors who live and breathe the passion for Career Technical Education.
As we reflect on the synergy of CTE workforce contributions, we can sleep well at night knowing that the efforts and results of CTE do make a difference as shown in the high student achievement and technical skills in the workplace.
I attended the Manufacturing Summit and the unequivocal explosion of careers in that industry is truly impressive; however, the reality is that CTE needs to be training more students for a career in that area. The business and educational communities have a cohesive and dynamic partnership with CTE statewide. Therefore, this partnership contributes to lifelong learning opportunities and employability for students.
As we celebrate the Holiday Season, we would like to highlight some of the CTE accomplishments in our state:
- Our AMAZING CTE marketing resources are now ready for immediate use via our website for the celebration of CTE month in your schools.
- The ACTEAZ Website is continually updated to provide you the latest information and resources.
- The ACTEAZ Board of Directors continues to strive to accomplish the association goals on behalf of our members.
- The Premier Series continues to expand opportunities offered to teachers statewide to complete their CTE Certification and make the transition from industry to education easier.
- The ACTEAZ Membership System chronicles members’ information, registrations, and makes member information user friendly.
- Our ACTEAZ Fellows Program continues to strengthen our new innovative leaders for tomorrow.
- Our ACTEAZ Circle of Distinction comprised of Captains of Industry continue to lead discussions to move the CTE agenda forward in our state.
- During the last two Arizona State Legislative Sessions, our ACTEAZ Advocacy Leadership team made a significant contribution along with our business partners to secure additional funding for CTE.
Finally, we are most of all THANKFUL for you – our members – who never quit giving, no matter what the sacrifice. You provide the development for our students and the skills necessary for a lifetime of achievement.
On behalf of our Board of Directors, and all of us at ACTEAZ, we wish you many blessings during this Holiday Season.