Professional Development Opportunities
NOTE: All Teachers and Directors are welcome to attend any training at any location.
Advanced Methods of Teaching CTE
June 12 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$100
This Course will support teachers’ continuing development as outstanding teachers for CTE programs by examining their personal educational philosophy, instructional design, and methodology. Three major components comprise the course:
1. Examining Beliefs About Learning – developing your own personal philosophy about learning
2. Motivating Adolescent Learners – designing a classroom that is especially effective for high school students
3. Ring of Fire – active participation strategies to use every day in your classroom. Instruction models active participation strategies and major components that are especially effective with adolescents. Each participant will receive their own “Ring of Fire” to utilize in their classroom.
- For: All CTE Teachers
- ADE Credit Available: Yes
- 1 Semester Hour (SH) Credit
- Satisfies Professional Knowledge (PK) deficiencies
- Course Length: 1 day + homework
Pima JTED @ Master Pieces
2855 W. Master Pieces Dr.
Building 1 / PD Classroom
Tucson, AZ 85741
Date: June 12, 2023
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.