Professional Development Opportunities
NOTE: All Teachers and Directors are welcome to attend any training at any location.
Advanced Methods Of CTE
May 2, 2024 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$25
- Level 4
- Prerequisite: Completion of Instructional Best Practices Day 1 and Day 2
- This class is designed for advanced CTE teachers.
This course will support teachers’ continuing development as outstanding teachers for CTE programs by examining their personal educational philosophy, instructional design, and methodology. Three major components comprise the course:
- Examining Beliefs About Learning – developing your own personal philosophy about learning
- Motivating Adolescent Learners – identify characteristics of adolescents and design a classroom that is especially effective for high school students
- Engagement – active participation strategies to use every day in your classroom: instruction models, active participation strategies, and major components that are especially effective with adolescents.
NOTE: Upon successful completion of the course, which includes submission of homework, participants will receive an ADE certificate for 15 professional development clock hours, which equates to one (1) semester hour of coursework.
5405 N. 99th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85305
Link: https://pdcircle.west-mec.org/course/view/350 – Registration opens July 1, 2023
Date: May 2, 2024
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.