Professional Development Opportunities
NOTE: All Teachers and Directors are welcome to attend any training at any location.
Advanced Methods Of CTE
November 8 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$25
- Level 4
- Prerequisite: Completion of Instructional Best Practices Day 1 and Day 2
- This class is designed for advanced CTE teachers.
This Course will support teachers’ continuing development as outstanding teachers for CTE programs by examining their personal educational philosophy, instructional design, and methodology. Three major components comprise the course:
- Examining Beliefs About Learning – developing your own personal philosophy about learning
- Motivating Adolescent Learners – identify characteristics of adolescents and design a classroom that is especially effective for high school students
- Engagement – active participation strategies to use every day in your classroom: instruction models, active participation strategies, and major components that are especially effective with adolescents.
NOTE: There is homework associated with this class to earn 1 ADE credit (15 hours).
START @ West-MEC
5405 N 99th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85305
Date: November 8, 2022
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.